Saturday, January 21, 2012

Keeping track of what you eat!

I have always kind of kept track of the calories I would eat in a day, but mostly in my head. I have had a few diaries over the years, but never kept up with them. Now with all this technology we have these days it is so much easier to keep track!
Counting calories really became popular when the Nutrition Facts became mandatory in 1990. Just recently I watched a video of a study in which a group of people followed a diet. Half of the people kept a food diary and the other half didn't. The study found that the people who kept a food diary lost an average of five pounds more than the people who didn't keep a diary!
Here are some great apps that can help with counting calories and keeping track of your food intake. :)
 http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-great-healthrelated-apps-iphone-ipad/
I recently started to use Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker just for reference and so far I am happy with it. :)
My son asleep in a Sumo suit! Just had to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment