I am going to give you the low-down of what I am eating these days to keep my self in good maintenance!
Since going on the HCG diet I have learned that smart food choices are key. Cutting out Gluten and Sugar is a huge part of what I am doing right now. Exploring new recipes and thinking outside the box is important, otherwise you will just end up eating the same old diet food everyday. Who wants that? There are only so many Lean Quisine's out there..... especially in Wrangell.
Breakfast:
There are actually alot of options for breakfast, but I know alot of us don't have time to make anything from scratch. About 4 days out of the week I grab my trusty sliced Golden Delicious apple and add 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, or 1/4 cup of Adam's all natural peanut butter for dipping! I will also make waffles and scones with Bisquick's Gluten Free Pancake and Baking mix when I really think I need comfort food. Sugar free syrup is an awesome way to dress those waffles up and I love Walden's 0 Calorie Raspberry Jelly on my scones. :)
Eggs and Bacon are another trusty favorite for everyone in my house. Its super hard not to have that wonderful buttered bread with my eggs, but I can substitute that with drop biscuits I make from Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking mix.
Lunch:
Lately I have been on a smoothie kick! There are so many amazing smoothie recipes out there. When I was on the HCG diet I found this wonderful detox smoothie called the Phase 2 Smoothie: 3oz of raw baby spinach, 5oz of frozen strawberries, 3oz of low fat cottage cheese, 1 tbsp Hershey's unsweetened cocoa, and two packages of Stevia. Blend in a blender and enjoy! When I notice I need to clean out my system....ah.hem......., I have a Phase 2 Smoothie and viola! :) I feel great the next day!
Another smoothie that will give you a little pep in your step is my favorite! Peanut-Banana Espresso Smoothie: 1 cup low fat milk, 1 tbsp instant espresso powder, 1/4 cup Adam's Natural Peanut Butter, 1 ripe banana, and a cup of ice. This makes a super filling smoothie that gives you desert satisfaction!!!
Dinner:
I am eating more veggies that I ever have in my life! Just as this photo shows, I am filling up half my plate with leafy greens. I love the Fresh Express Spring Mix you can get at City Market as well as the Baby Spinach leaves. :) I try to have my greens at least once a day, but twice is best. City Market has brought in a great selection of Walden Farms 0 calorie salad dressings, ketchup, BBQ sauces and jellies. These 0 cal sauces have saved my life! I love all the flavors and I don't feel guilty about pouring on the dressing! Yay!
I can also mix the dressing in with my tuna or boiled egg for a super low calorie spread and I like to marinate my chicken breast or diet steaks in the BBQ sauces. So good!
I use the George Foreman Grill to cook my proteins fast. It is hard to cook a meal for my family and then cook for myself, so the Foreman Grill comes in handy. I also try to match what my family is having for dinner, so I don't feel left out. Here's an example:
My family eats:
Banquet Chicken,
mashed potatoes,
white country gravy,
home style biscuits,
and asparagus.
I eat:
3-5oz of grilled chicken breast ( marinated with Walden Farms Honey BBQ sauce)
1 cup faux-tatos ( take a bag frozen cauliflower, microwave for 10 minutes, add to 1/2 cup cream cheese, blend in food processor)
1 Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free drop biscuit
all the asparagus I want!

No comments:
Post a Comment