Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Wii and the Gazelle: A love story

I love my Gazelle!!!!
This is the only exercise machine that I can't get rid of! I have had my Gazelle for 6 years. Its beat up, worn out, the calorie computer is gone, and one rubber shoe stopper is missing, but it is pretty much indestructible! :)
The Gazelle is basically a swing set for your legs and arms. Its totally low-impact on your knees( A huge plus for me ). You are the motor to power it, so exercising during nap-time is quietly awesome! For years, I would plug my headphones in and run until the babies woke up, but then........
We Bought A Wii
One of the programs we purchased with our Wii was the Wii Fit Plus program. This program is full of great exercises and it makes working out fun! When I came across the running game I was excited. I wondered if I could Gazelle with the Wii remote in my pocket? Would it work just the same as if you were walking in place?
Yes!!! It works great!! I can actually hop on my Gazelle and walk around the Wii Island!!! It is so much fun to feel like you are going somewhere when you are exercising. (Very important for this lady!!!)  I get so board looking at the same corner of the room every day. lol
I try to work out at least 30 minutes a day. Yesterday I didn't, and I felt so guilty, but it happens. When I Gazelle I burn an average of 200 calories in 30 minutes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment